This was a fun project that I started as a cheap way to fill some empty garden space right before hosting my grandmother’s 90th Birthday party. I love all things fun and whimsical and I wanted to add some color to our patio area.
You could make the people represent anything, I chose to mimic my family.
- I started with cheap 6 foot fencing panels purchased from the local hardward store.
2. I drew basic clothes and added patterns to create variety on each figure.
3. Then I added hands and the individual details that helped people recognize who was who. One son plays lacrosse so I gave him a stick, one likes to fish so I gave him a pole.
4. I found some eye examples online and added their whimsical facial features
5. Then I planted them in the garden for the party.